Sunday, October 19, 2014

Wedding Weekend

Our good friends from college, Audrey and Adam, got hitched over the weekend. It was one of the best weddings I have ever attended.

The wedding was in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and I drove in on Friday afternoon. What a beautiful drive! The fall colors were gorgeous. I couldn't take any pictures because I am a responsible driver (and also because I made the dubious decision to listen to The Fault in Our Stars on audiobook during the trip, and crying and driving is hard enough as it is).

The festivities started with a casual dinner Friday night at a local restaurant. Audrey and Adam had reserved an entire space for the event, and it was intimate and beautiful. And there were salted caramel cupcakes.

The next day, I joined Audrey and a few of her other girlfriends and relatives to get our hair done in the morning. I also got to watch Audrey put mascara on, a rare and magnificent sight. Audrey looked completed gorgeous.

Completely. Gorgeous.
The ceremony will go down as one of my all time favorites because of its sincerity and brevity. Then, the party moved to the reception venue.

Pardon the glare, embrace the adorableness. 
Beautiful centerpieces, which matched Audrey's bouquet.
Brett had a class in Champaign in the morning, so he arrived just in time to be in a few pictures and to enjoy the reception. Audrey and Adam were kind enough to ask me to do a toast. I was nervous, but it went well. 

After the wedding festivities, the close friends of the bride and groom went out for karaoke. Adam was in a rap battle. The winner was everyone who got to watch Adam be in a rap battle. 

Sunday morning, Audrey and Adam hosted guests at their condo for brunch. This may have been my favorite part of the weekend because it was so intimate, so relaxed, and Audrey sent me home with ten leftover wedding favors--divine macarons from a local bakery. It was a perfect wedding weekend. 

Love these two. Beautiful couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment