Sunday, November 9, 2014

Black Tie Optional

Brett was in Chicago this weekend, and we had the nicest time.

First of all, I simply enjoyed being in Chicago for a weekend. I have been visiting Brett in Champaign most weekends or have been out of town for one reason or another, and it felt great to wake up in my own bed on Saturday morning. I drank a Chai tea latte, got caught up with Parenthood, and cuddled with the cats.

Brett had an event downtown in the morning for class, and when it finished, I met him and his good friend Bob for lunch at Siena Tavern. The caramelized brussels sprouts pizza was outrageously tasty (on another note, did you know that the vegetable is spelled brussels sprout and not brussel sprout? I just learned, thanks internet!).

Saturday evening, Brett and I attended a black tie benefit because we are ever-so-fancy (actually, my boss is the president of an organization, and she was kind enough to invite us to their annual scholarship ball). It was fun to play dress up for a night and attend an elegant event. Of course, in classic fashion, we did not take any good pictures--you will just have to take my word for it that Brett looked exceptionally dapper.

The apartment seems particularly quiet now that Brett and the cats have gone back to Champaign. This weekend made me look forward--even more so--to the weekend when they move up permanently.

1 comment: