Sunday, November 30, 2014

Turkey Day Recap

Happy belated Thanksgiving!

We had a great holiday back in WashMo. Highlights include:

-Not one, but two, delicious Thanksgiving dinners. My dad had to work Thursday evening, so we had a wonderful lunch with my parents, then we headed over the Brett's parent's home for Round 2.

Meal #1 at my parents house.
To prepare for the turkey/ham/mashed potato/pie onslaught, we had our own Turkey Trot in the morning (Brett ran, I walked). Although it was a little cold, I think this is a nice tradition to start.

-Visiting with friends, old and new. We had lunch and watched the Mizzou game with our old friend Nick and his girlfriend. Nick's family has two pugs, so there was only one way I wanted to watch the game--covered in pugs.

#puglife
-Seeing some family. We stopped by my cousin's adorable new home, where I got in some baby cuddles and got to catch up a bit with my extended family.

-Dinner in St. Louis with my parents at a very nice restaurant. Yum.

-Riding around town on my dad's Can-Am Spyder with Brett. We drove on some of the windy, scenic roads in town. We also stopped at the high school parking lot so I could drive around a bit. I learned to drive a car in that parking lot, so it was only appropriate.

My mom's helmet, my dad's bomber jacket, my face, and my husband.
We were parked when we took this picture, don't worry.
-Taking in the Garden Glow. Last night, Brett and I went with my parents to the Garden Glow at the St. Louis Botanical Gardens (the Gardens are covered in Christmas lights and holiday decorations). We had a great time. 


I hope you and yours had an equally wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment