Saturday, October 11, 2014

Gone Girl

Have you read it? Have you seen it? I recommend doing both, and in that order.


I first read Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl two years ago for a book club club I was part of in Champaign. I don't typically read thrillers, but I loved this book. It was creepy and provocative. Also, Flynn was born in Kansas City, Missouri and lives in Chicago, so, in addition to feeling like I am following her around the country, I enjoy Flynn's depictions of Missouri river towns (even if they are not particularly favorable depictions). I read Flynn's other two books, Sharp Objects and Dark Places, shortly thereafter.

I have been looking forward to seeing David Fincher's adaptation of Gone Girl since I learned that Flynn was adapting the screenplay herself. Brett and I saw the movie last weekend in Champaign. We both thought it was excellent (even if it is an odd choice for a date night movie).



1 comment:

  1. I think I will just see the movie at some point. I can barely manage one book every six weeks.

    ReplyDelete