Monday, October 27, 2014

Sun Damage

I went to the dermatologist recently. The doctor took an image of my face with this fancy camera, and then we discussed my skin issues. I learned that I am in the 97th percentile for "texture" (apparently, a good thing) and the 13th percentile for redness (apparently, a bad thing). I also got to see a picture of the UV damage to my face.

Holy moly.

I wear SPF every day, and, still, there was pronounced sun damage to my face, particularly on the contours where the sun hits most directly (damn these high cheekbones!). So, I am reevaluating my regimen.

First, I am upping my usual Neutrogena SPF 35 for Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection with SPF 50 in the morning. Second, I am planning on applying Peter Thomas Roth's Instant Mineral Powder with SPF 45 before I leave work to walk home. Because I wear sunscreen every morning, I am thinking that the biggest difference I could make in my routine would be to reapply SPF in the afternoon.

 Peter Thomas Roth - Instant Mineral Powder SPF 45

Hopefully this will help stave off more damage. I would love to hear any recommendations for sunscreen, etc, if you have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment